Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Country's Pride

by Matt Johnson

Below is a picture of La Moneda. La Moneda is comparable to the US's White House. The president, Sebastián Piñera, works here on a daily basis. The day our group went to this site, it was very hot outside and we had been walking for a while. While I wish I was in better spirits in seeing this sight, La Moneda was still one of the most interesting parts of the trip so far. There were guards posted all around the building.


I like to make the comparison between this building and the pride of Chileans. They take on a certain air about themselves when they talk about their country. This is refreshing to me, and every day I am reminded as to why they have such a devotion to their country. They have a beautiful country, and I have been blessed to be on this trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment