Monday, January 21, 2013

Sunday Afternoon

by Rachel Lowry

As I walked out of the apartment on a mission to find a Wi-Fi area to do homework in, I was completely unaware of the cultural lesson I would learn. It may not be what you’re thinking. Wi-Fi is very accessible all over the city, though it’s not the most reliable in our apart-hotel rooms, so I was excited to see what cute cafĂ© I could sit outside of and do some work. It hit me when I turned the corner onto the main road our apart-hotel is off of that all of the stores were closed because it was Sunday. At first, I was pretty upset that I would have to try and find the McDonald’s just to get Wi-Fi (which ended up happening after some searching) and that it wasn't so easily accessible. After walking about a block and thinking about the situation I had found myself in, I realized how wonderful it actually was. Being from the states, I have grown to assume I can get anything I want at any time. I was then able to find the concept so nice that everyone was taking that day to rest or fill up the parks to enjoy the weather with friends and family. It was really beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment