Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Why Sleepless in Santiago?

by Ibeth Nuñez

We have been in Santiago for more than two weeks now and we are starting to see a pattern to our lives. We even have blocks of time when we can sleep but why are we still Sleepless in Santiago? I have been talking to a few people in the group and even when we have the opportunity to sleep-in it just doesn't happen. Why? I have realized there are three reasons why I think we will still be Sleepless in Santiago until the day we depart.
The Excitement
. We are in a huge city in an amazing country. There is so much to explore that it is so hard to stay in bed when you can take the metro, the bus, a taxi or just walk to a new and interesting place! We are starting to know our neighborhood and some key places in the city but there are still many new neighborhoods, cities, and a whole different culture which surrounds us.

The Experiences. We have only been here for 16 days and we have already made so many memories. There has not been a day when I have not heard of something interesting and fun happening to someone in the group. These experiences fuel us to keep exploring and learning new things each step of the way.

The Fear. I am not sure if this applies to everyone but I know it applies to me. I don’t want to get to the end of the trip with regret of not exploring enough, meeting awesome people, or getting to enjoy the beauty that surrounds us every day. So even if we are sleepless in Santiago we will be able to end the trip knowing we enjoyed this experience to the fullest.
I am not sure who came up with the name but it sure describes our lives in Chile. :D    

No comments:

Post a Comment