Thursday, March 28, 2013

A new, huge, weirdly put together family

by Emily Riddle

It is so hard to believe that the trip is almost over! It seems like just yesterday that it was our first over-stimulating day in Santiago. When I first came, I did not really know anyone on the trip that well, but I have come to have a family. This is a new, huge, weirdly put together family. We are all very different, but I know that if something happened I could rely on anyone here to help me out. I am so incredibly blessed to have this opportunity with these amazing people. We have all seen the “orange concentrate” versions of each other. I can tell you that some of these people have seen me as raw as I've ever seen myself... and that’s a very strong bonding experience. There are people here that I would not have gotten to know if I hadn't chosen to study abroad. I know already that this semester has been and will be some of the best months of my life, and I would not want anything else than to spend them with my big, new, weirdly put together family of friends. These last few weeks are going to fly by because we will be cramming in last minute trips and trying to soak up all of the culture we can. I cannot wait to get back and have “Adventures in the USA” with all of my new “family.”

No comments:

Post a Comment