Thursday, March 14, 2013

Once Lost, Now Found


by Daniel Hutchison

While in Patagonia, I took some incredible shots of God’s immaculate creation. The landscapes did all the work; I only had to snap a shot and they came to life on their own. After a lengthy 18-mile hike on Thursday, I was back in the room at the lodge, lying on the bunk. Before I knew it, I was stowed halfway underneath the bed away from anyone’s view. In the morning everyone in the room started packing up and they just left without me! For nearly 3 hours I was just lying there waiting for someone to find me. Just when I was losing hope, a man grabbed me from under the bed and I ended up on the boat heading to the place where the bus would pick everyone up. The bus I would normally ride on wasn't there when I arrived. I stayed in the cafeteria there and was picked up by an unfamiliar bus driver and taken to his home. Where was my owner? I hardly slept that night from such feelings of strangeness. When I awoke, I was being handed to a young man with a huge smile on his face saying, “Muchísimas gracias, Señor.” That man was my owner. I was home again, thanks to the wonderful people of Patagonia who helped me find my way.

I am the camera of Daniel Hutchison; once lost, now found.

No comments:

Post a Comment