Wednesday, March 20, 2013

ALERT: Fashion Observation

by Lauren Wilcher

An observation that I have had the whole time while living in Santiago is definitely the women's fashion. The fact of the matter is that there is not really a fashion trend that I can find here. The only thing that has caught my eye everyday since stepping off the plane is the women's choice in shoes. In the United States, Nashville in particular, you will see set trends in both clothing and in the choice of people's shoes. Here the women choose wedges. Do not get me wrong, I own at least two pairs of wedges back home in the States, so I understand the love of this particular shoe. On the other hand though, I have experienced a whole lot of walking here in this city, and my Nikes have become very dear to my heart and my feet. I find it fascinating that these women can walk as much as I do, if not more, in their wedges. So, my observation has led to one thing: I have the utmost respect for the Chilean women here in Santiago. I hope that the wedge is ever in their favor and especially their feet's.

No comments:

Post a Comment