Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sketch: A Work in Progress

by Marissa Valenzuela


The first night we arrived in Santiago, I took this picture of the tallest building in South America. I remember thinking how cool it would be if the building were finished by the time we left Santiago.


On March 28th, I was sitting on the roof writing a paper for Global Justice. I looked at this building, and since that first night, it still isn't finished. I was then reminded of a verse God had given me before this trip. "Yet you, Lord, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand" (Isaiah 64:8). Just as this building isn't finished, God still isn't finished with me yet. I've grown a lot on this trip, but after three months of growth, I'm still just a work in progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment