Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

by Brandy Richardson

Today, Thursday, April 25, 2013, marks six days since we have been back from our three month adventure in Chile. Being back, even just for these six days, has been quite a bittersweet experience. Seeing all of the many people I have longed to see for the past thirteen weeks has been so incredible, but at the same time being away from the twenty-three people I shared this experience with has been a journey all on its own.

I am excited to see how the friendships we have made over the past three months evolve as we settle back into our "routine" here in Nashville. I pray that we can all continue to be a part of each other's lives. I believe God puts people in our path for a reason and I have no doubt in my mind that God put our group together so that we could learn together, grow together, and experience the world together in a way that not many people will ever get to do.

Over the next few days, weeks, and months as we process our experience, I hope that rather than be sad about being away from Chile, we can take our experience and be thankful and thank God for where we are in the present. Being thankful for the present is something that I learned to embrace more than ever while I was in Chile. There is no use in wasting your life away by wishing for what's next. The future is inevitable, so live in the present and thank God for what He has laid before us. As long as we put our faith in Him, we have nothing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment