Saturday, February 2, 2013

A New Type of Star Gazing

by Chris Netterville

As you can most likely tell from all the pictures of the beautiful landscape, it is incredible; I have already fallen in love with the views seen on a daily basis. Everyday on my way to school I can view the mountains off in the distance. Everyday during our classes, I lose a few seconds of focus just by looking out the window and seeing the mountains expanding themselves just outside. I have never watched the sunset so many times than I have here. The view can just be awe-inspiring after only one; however, after the several that I have witnessed, all different from each other in their own way, I find myself seeking refuge in that awe-inspiring moment at 8:45 every night.

However, I happened upon another sight of awe within my travels around the city. I did want to add another picture, this time though of the other side of the twenty-four hour cycle of a day: the night. At night, sadly, the stars are masked by the smog of the pollution and the glow of the city, but after going with a larger group to search for a spot to experience the night sky, we discovered another type of star gazing. The night life of this city makes for one spectacular show.

No comments:

Post a Comment