Thursday, February 28, 2013

Summer in Santiago

by William Marquette


One of the great things about being in Chile during this time of year is the weather. The days are warm and rarely too hot, while the evenings are cool and usually have a nice breeze. One of the things that I first noticed when we arrived in Santiago was the lack of air conditioning. Most buildings in Chile (including our apartment) do not have it. The only place that I can think of that has a/c is the university where our classes are held. At first this caused a little bit of panic for me. I thought that South America in the summer without a/c was going to be awful. However, it didn't take long to realize why most buildings don’t have a/c: they don’t need it. The weather here is already amazing. I have come to realize, for the month and a half that I've been here, that there are certain things that we think we need but in reality can live happily without.

No comments:

Post a Comment