Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Fantasilandia

by Spencer Richardson 

Before I came on this trip, I told myself that I would try new things. So far it has been easy to try new things like the food, riding the subway, backpacking, and attending mass. But on Tuesday I faced a big hurdle of mine: I rode a roller coaster. I am scared of roller coasters-- really, really scared of roller coasters. And flying. Anyway, I had bought Rachel tickets to the theme park in Santiago, Fantasilandia, so I knew I would probably have to ride one. We got to the park after class and immediately rode the sissiest ride in the park, right next to the entrance. It was literally in the Kids Zone. We progressively moved forward to bigger rides, such as the swinging pendulum of death. Finally, we were there: Boomerang, a slingshot ride with twists, turns, and topsy turvies. I had to keep telling myself that I had promised to try new things in Chile. Rachel ran right into line so I had no choice but to follow. Here is the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment