Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I Swear It's Art!

by Lauren Wilcher 


So, if you know me then you will know I am not what you would call an "artsy" kind of person-- but recently I have changed my perspective on the whole art world. Recently some of us traveled to Viña Del Mar and as we were walking to the beach, we stumbled past these graffitied stairs. To some, these stairs look like any other blank area "destroyed" by spray paint, but it said something different to me. I LOVED these stairs for two simple reasons. One reason is that they are original. You will never see the same graffiti twice. Second, It's free! It's very easy to purchase art on the streets here in Chile, but there is definitely some sort of magic to being able to view the arts for free. I can say this is one perk and something I definitely enjoy seeing while studying abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment