Thursday, February 28, 2013

Close Quarters

by Daniel Hutchison

To quote my own mother, "Company is like fish. It stinks after three days." After extended visits from family members throughout my childhood, I understood the meaning behind it. People get tired of each other! Living with a group of three other guys has presented challenges too. "Someone do the dishes!" I think we have discussed dishes in the apartment more than we have anything else. Tension eventually rose and I can speak for myself by saying I was being kind of a jerk. A few days ago, it dawned on me the insignificance of the arguments in comparison to the experiences this trip has to offer me. I needed to let go of my frustration and move on. Without going in depth, we had a great conversation that has brought resolve to the apartment and made it a place of positive energy. I realized just how easy it can be to get caught up in a minor frustration in life that costs you the opportunity of experiencing blessings. I am so grateful to God for speaking to me through this. I've already grown so much and I know the journey has barely begun. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment